Sunday 8 February 2009

Sunday Night Post

Well it’s the end to a pretty uneventful weekend. I have started my Dutch lessons via Rosetta Stone software. It’s going ok, there are some things I am picking up pretty well, but then it will throw some words like “herfststorm” and I look at the six consonants in a row including a double st and I wish there was an easier way to say autumn storm. I have learned my numbers, up to twenty-five, but still need to practice. One good thing about the language is that it stay’s very much within its rules when spoken by the Dutch, slang is non-existent. It seems that preservation of the language is important, for it doesn’t extend too far from Holland, though it does have variations throughout the world resulting from Dutch colonization.

So I fiets (to ride a bike) my fiets (bike)around town when the weather was ok, but again, didn’t bring the camera. Got to drive to Essen Germany this Tuesday, I will be staying the night there. I don’t recommend driving on the autobahn to anyone. It is not fun. Every time you pass a semi on the highway, I mean the second you get in that passing lane, a Beamer or Audi are right there on your rear bumber, honking to get out of the way, angry you are not going 200 kph. Next week, Dubai. Where my boss has rented us two cars for transportation, so I soon will get the joys to knowing what driving in the UAE is like. Have a good week everyone.




One final note, I found Hienz Ketchup, which is a wonderful thing. Its comes in toothpaste form.

2 comments:

  1. Well have fun in Dubai. Soak up that warm sun. Love to see pictures. Your sink looks like its from ikea, bet it is. Take care Love Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Ketchup looks absolutely disgusting.

    ReplyDelete