Tuesday 27 January 2009


New Post

Sorry about not putting any updates in a week, but it has been a very busy week. I have been at Oracle training all week in De Meer. Getting there each day requires a 3 mile bike ride to a co-workers house, followed by an hour car ride to the training facility, then the same thing on the way back. I leave at about 6:45 each morning and return around the same time at night, so after dinner and a shower, posting a new blog entry seems to require too much brain use, something I usually lose after dinner. I snapped this picture on the ride home today. I know its blurry and such, but I was in a car. This is a windmill. The Dutch used these marvelous devices to pump out all the water that had their country submerged under the North Sea. This country has had a very long battle with the never ending water. Almost the entire country is below sea-level, which means it will be one of the first to go if the polar ice caps melt. If you click on the picture and make it big (like almost all these pictures!) you will see the various canals that run through the fields. Its like at the beach, if you dig a hole, you hit water pretty quickly.
TINY SPOONS!

No, I haven't had an allergic reaction that swelled my hand up to massive proportions. What your seeing are good examples of the tiny spoons you can find everywhere in Holland. Mostly used for coffee, these things are great. I use them to eat my pudding cups, which makes each cup last 15 minutes longer. I have about 20 tiny spoons in my house, I also have a normal size, but the only alternative to the normal spoon is the tiny version. Maybe some of you have tiny spoons at home and don't think its a big deal, but it was new to me.

4 comments:

  1. Hey i like the spoons,I wanted to tell you about this band Ghostfinger they have a song called White Rain its pretty sweet. Go to daytrotter.com to find it if you can't find....Plus this week i will be starting my True Friend blog so check it out.

    ps send gummies and special suckers home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally thought the spoons were cute...and maybe I should start a blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm testing this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello David,

    This is my first go at this and the first time I have tried to get in touch with you since your move (sorry about that). I have been keeping myself abreast of your travels and work,talking to mom and reading your wierd discussion items (just kidding). Sounds like things are good over in Europe. I will send you an email (bit more personal don't you think?)this weekend. Talk to brother.

    Love,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete