Sunday 18 January 2009

Sunday Night Post


Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone had a good weekend. If you are interested in my weekend, feel free to read on. The most important thing I would like to share tonight is that I purchased a New Bike!


Yes that's right, this baby became mine on Saturday afternoon. Walking on the sidewalk is now a thing of the past. It's a Dutch manufacturer and these folks know a thing or two about bikes, so I feel fairly confident this was a wise choice. Its actually a very solid bike, with all sorts of things my other bike doesn't have:
-bell
-inflated tires
-saddle bags with reflection technology patches
-Headlight, xenon bulb (same kind that BMW uses)
-Kickstand
-Tire mud flaps
-Chain guard
-Hi-performance security system, its like a cuff on the back wheel, that has a key you can lock it with, but it also has a chain that attaches to the cuff and bike frame, so you can anchor it to a post or tree.

So I rode all day Saturday, pretty much saw what Breda has to offer. It was raining, so I didn't take pictures, but I will ride soon again, so town pictures will be coming. Saturday night, I even rode to the pub and back on it. This morning, it was about 47 degrees and sunny, so I rode down this one street a coworker told me about. 30 mins later, I was in Belgium. Yes, you heard correct, I rode my bike to Belgium today. I should do that every sunday to get waffles, that would be a good blog entry. Unfortunately, there was no border town where I entered, hence no waffle house.




Also readers, please feel free to put up suggestions on what you would like to see, I will take all advice I can get and I personally will sumit it for serious consideration. One more thing, if you have Skype, I am on that, just look up my full name and you will find my profile. I can give you a webcam tour of the place. Wendi and I have been using it since I have arrived, and we both have been very impressed with the quality of the signal.



Dave's Dutch Food Review - Dier & Co Lange Nekken
One of Africa's most gracefully and beloved animals is the inspiration for this childrens treat, the giraffe. These foot long, chocolate covered cookie tubes come two to a pack, five packs per box. In addition to be covered in a very nice milk chocolate, they also have crispies surrounding the cookie tube, providing a very sastifying crunch. These are a delight, alone or with a nice cup of coffee. Rating A+

Please note: Although you might start to notice a trend of Dave's Dutch Food review being more focused on snacky cakes and gummis, these foods are not a fair represtation of my day-to-day diet. These are what I choose to review, which are selected based on their entertainment value. I didn't think you would be as interested in hearing a review of the chicken I made last night.

4 comments:

  1. Nice bike. You are going to have to make sure to use it plenty because that Dutch candy is going to make you fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like Dave made posting a comment easier than ever, way to go Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the new ride! I downloaded Skype and ironically my hard drive bombed the next day. They gave me a new one and were able to recover the old. So I'll keep you posted once we are up in running in Plymouth (on Mike's computer ;). Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been to your blog many times but still trying to figure out how to post comments. Tonight we celebrate Dales 60th at Nathans. Broats, Turners, Soebbings,Sharons, Sanders,Kopke & friend,and of course Travis& family. We were hoping Michael & Julie would come but I guess she had something special planned for his birthday. If I'm able to post this I'll write more. Take care Eileen

    ReplyDelete